Merit Badge Pow-Wow with the Scout-O-Rama
The Trapper Trails Council 2017 Merit Badge Pow-Wow in conjunction with the Scout-O-Rama will be a ton of fun for everyone! This annual community wide event showcases our first-class programs in a fun and exciting way. Cubs, Boy Scouts, Varsity team members, Venturers and Explorers from across our Council join together for a weekend of good-old Scouting fun!
Bring the whole family on Saturday, there is somthing for everyone... Scouts, siblings, adult leaders, family and friends! Boy Scouts who participate in the Merit Badge Pow-Wow will do merit badge classes on Friday night, spend the night there with their Troop and then do another merit badge and spend time doing activities at the Scout-O-Rama. There are plenty of opportunities to participate.
- The entire community!
- Youth (all ages)
Where: Weber County Fairgrounds
When: April 28-29, 2017
Cost: Boy Scouts who spend the night and participates in the Merit Badge Program is $25, $30 if signed up after April 13th. Scouts, families and the public who come on Saturday only is $10 per family or $15 at the door.
Boy Scout Program
What you need to know!
- Cost is $25 per Scout ($30 if signed up after April 13th) this will cover an overnight camp, food on Friday night, 2 merit badge classes, patch and all the extra fun activities for the day. Adults are free who acompany Troops Friday night.
- Download the leaders guide below.
- Sign up for Merit Badge Classes for all your Scouts before the ones they want are full. List of MB classes are below.
- Please have your unit wear their full BSA uniform. We are inviting the community to come out to the Scout-O-Rama and we want them to know they are at a Scouting event.
- IOLS, Outdoor leadership Skills, is being offered for Adults who need it during the merit badge class times. Bring a dad or two to watch the boys and invite all leaders to take this required training so you can do both activity and training the same weekend.
Friday, April 29
4:00 – 6:00 PM: Arrive, Check-in/registration, Setup camp
5:00 – 6:30 PM: Dinner will be available during this time only.
6:30 – 9:30 PM: Merit Badge Class
9:45 – 10:15 PM: Camp Fire Show
11:00 PM: Lights out
Saturday, April 30
6:30 – 7:30 AM: Unit-provided breakfast
7:30 AM: Flag ceremony
8:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Merit Badge Class 2a
11:00 – 12:30: Lunch (bring money to eat at vendors) and visit activity areas
12:30 – 3:30 PM: Merit Badge Class 2b (See below)
9:00 AM: 5K/10K race. Participants need to sign up for this if they want to participate in it. There is no additional fee if signed up with the merit badge program. A fee of $15 for participants in just the run and Saturday activities.
3:30 PM: Pack up camp and return home
Merit Badge Classes
There will be two classes offered per Scout, the first one is on Friday night from 6:30 – 9:30pm. The second Merit Badge Class the Scouts will have a choice for either the morning session or afternoon session. While the Scouts are not in a Merit Badge Class, they are encouraged to see and explore the other activities and events going on. This includes a 5K/10K race starting at 9:00am. The last MB class and all activities will be done at 3:30.
The following Merit Badges will be offered: Citizenship in the Nation, Communications, First Aid, Animal Science, Public Health, Reptiles Study, Chess, Railroading, Surveying, Fire Safety, Crime Prevention/Finger Printing and Fish and Wildlife. There will also be offered Trail to First Class for those in need.
Learn how to register for merit badges. View our YouTube video.
There will be a 5K/10K race available for those who want to participate during the Scout-O-Rama Saturday the 29th. The race will begin at 9:00am, so those Scouts and Leaders who want to participate will need to do the afternoon MB class. The fee is already built into the overall fee for those participating in the Merit Badge Program. For those who are just doing the run, it will be $15 to participate in the race and that gets them into the Scout-O-Rama for the rest of the day. The race is intended to be open for all the community, so spread the word out so they can sign up and run. With their race participation, they will be able to participate in the Scout-O-Rama activities!
Cub Scout Program
What you’ll need to do!
- Complete registration for your pack on the link below.
- Cost is $10 per Family ($15 at the door) this will cover a patch for each Scout, fun run, facilities and all the fun activities we will have available.
- Download the leaders guide below.
- Visit with your Cub Scouts and parents and get their support to come!
Saturday, April 29
8:00 AM: Check in
9:00 AM: Flag Ceremony
9:15 AM – 3:30 PM: Activities and entertainment
9:00 AM: 5K/10K run, Kid fun run at 10:00 AM
- BB and Archery
- Bounce House
- Pinewood Derby challenge (bring your old cars to race)
- Fun run available for the whole family
Food: We will have vendors available provided by the County Fair for purchase.
Register at trappertrails.org/scoutorama